Monday, July 2, 2012

Cran-Apple Smoothie

*whew* this morning was hot! 

I have two weeks of meal plans to do before I can do much else, so, of course, I decided this morning to water trees. (Now that's avoiding my work) Then, I watered plants out back, took the dog for a walk, and worked with the chicks a bit.
Who, by the way are totally cute. So, I spent some time avoiding my work, playing with the chickens.
After I started feeling woozy, I decided my idea was going to back fire if I didn't haul myself inside, eat breakfast, drink some water, and get to work.
I was sure feeling the heat when I came in, drenched with sweat and a bit light headed. I knew I needed more than just a glass of water, but I was too hot to eat.
That's when I decided it would be a full on smoothie morning!

This tart smoothie is both thirst quenching and cooling!



Cran-Apple Smoothie
1 Green Apple, diced and cored
1 Cucumber, peeled and diced
½ cup frozen cranberries
1 cup coconut water
2 cups water
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve with a slice of GF multigrain toast and a boiled egg.
Serves 3 – 4

If you are opting to have smoothies at breakfast but feel hungry before lunch, try adding a boiled egg and whole grain gluten free toast. 

This amazing smoothie was just what I needed to cool and cure my thirst as well as feed my body plenty of nutrients to get started on my day...yes, ... meal planning. 

In vibrant health,
Tammi

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds delicious going to make it tomorrow yum yum

    ReplyDelete

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi