Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Delish Country Dish

We don't have bacon much, but whenever we do, I always reserve the grease for such dishes as this morning's. Sometimes olive oil just doesn't cut it. Today is one of those days.

Small zucchini, mine was from our garden, was medium sized and I used about 3 inches, cut these into 1/2" strips. If your zucchini is fresh or a small one like what you get at the store, no need to peel it.
3 small new potatoes, cut into strips
1 Tbsp bacon grease (You can use olive oil or coconut oil)
4 large leaves fresh basil, diced
2 small basil leaves for garnish.

Heat grease over medium heat in a large skillet. I don't like the way eggs have a tendency to stick so I always use a nonstick pan when I cook eggs.


Add strips of potatoes and zucchini and cook for about 5 - 8 minutes stirring frequently.

Reduce temperature. Add eggs, and stir.



Cook until eggs are completely done. 
Season with Garlic Pepper, I used a grinder seasoning blend to make this simple.


Garnish with fresh Basil, serve immediately. 

Serves 2. 

Oh, seriously this is pretty and yummy!

If you enjoy this recipe, you should try my meal planning! You can get a whole month FREE here!

I am delighted to share such fun and nutritious recipes! 
In vibrant health and happiness,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC


2 comments:

  1. hi Tammi, the eggs aren't listed in the ingredients list...Looks great! Im going to try it for sure! Love n light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek Gadds, Amanda! So sorry - this is two eggs! :)
      Thank you so much for pointing it out!

      Delete

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi