Friday, July 6, 2012

Birds of a Feather

This mornings visit with my chicks was fun and filled with a bit of surprise.

The chicks are learning to perch on the sides of the brooder. As I said before, we put window screens over the top of the brooders to prevent "flying the coop". When I went out with my coffee to sit by them and talk, I took the screens off. The immediately showed me their new trick. ( Since I'm using my Iphone to take photos, I don't have any but will soon, I hope)

The feathers are growing in nicely, and I'm making friends with them.
Hello Chicks!


Can you see the size difference?

They are growing and curious!


Pretty Feathers


My new found friend

She is really friendly. We aren't sure if these are the Cornish Game Hens or the Leghorns. Jim thinks these are the Cornish Game Hens, which means dinner. (ugh) But, for now, she's my little friend and she enjoys being held.

Check out those feathers!


The surprise? Well, it seems the pheasant are a week ahead of the chicks. I cleaned out the chick pen, fed and watered them. I stepped outside and came back in to a pheasant - about three inches in size, perched on the side of their brooder. Woah.
Wasn't expecting that!
So, they too now have screens on top of their brooder.

What fun this has been!

In vibrant health and happiness,
Tammi

GET YOUR FREE ONE MONTH OF MEAL PLANS

www.thenourishedlife.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi