Monday, July 30, 2012

Finally time for the Farmer's Market

In a nearby town, right along the highway, there has been a farmer's market every year for at least 13 years. It isn't a conglomeration of farms, rather only one. But they are nice people and have a huge variety to choose from.
This was my first exposure to a farmer's market about those 13 years ago.

On my way home yesterday, I was in the area and was pulled to stop in.

Since we have our own garden, we don't often stop at the farmer's markets anymore, but I was glad I did yesterday!

I bought for my home:

3 sweet potatoes
1 bunch small yellow onions
1 bulb garlic
4 ears of corn
4 empanadas (premade tarts)
6 peaches from Palisade, Co
3 lemons
1 lime
4 Patty Pan Squash

and I bought for my daughter:

1 lb green beans
1 eggplant
1 bulb garlic
1 bunch onions
2 tomatoes
(I think that's it, but there might have been a couple more items in hers)

and for my son:
3 honey sticks

For only $30.00!!! 

When I came home, I made the following one dish meal:

Squash and Orzo


1 cup Orzo
1 cup water
2 patty pan squash, sliced
1 small zucchini
1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend that includes garlic, pepper and sea salt, basil, oregano
2 Tbsp organic low salt butter
Fresh Mozzarella Balls

Preheat oven to 375.
Layer in a glass baking dish: orzo, water, patty pan, zucchini, onion, seasonings. Top with foil.
Cook about 35 minutes.
Stir everything together, serve with Mozzarella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi