Friday, June 29, 2012

Aahhhh, Routine!

Finally, the chicks have reached stable. Which in English means; I didn't find any more dead this morning. I did however find that the fox can smell where I buried them. Never a dull moment. Never.

I'm exhausted from the week, but am looking forward to watching them grow and seeing how they benefit my family. Just today, I went out to pull weeds in my garden, and walked through a batch of a billion grasshoppers. He-he-he... enjoy it now awful grasshoppers, your day is coming!

As I type this, I am also putting on a batch of eggs to boil. I love boiled eggs and am going to enjoy a lovely Eggs and Greens Salad for my lunch. It's good to be getting back to regular routines, like making my lunch and not hovering over birds.

Wont you join me?


Greens & Egg Salad
Inspired by Vegetarian Times July/August 2012

½ head of lettuce
2 cups chopped rainbow swiss chard
1 cup chopped arugula
1 english cucumber, sliced
6 radishes, sliced
1 heirloom tomato (or beefsteak)
4 – 5 boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters

Assemble ingredients of salad first, then set aside. (lettuce, chard, arugula, cucumber, radish, tomato and eggs)
Dressing: ½ cup plain coconut yogurt; strain excess liquid through cheesecloth to thicken a bit. Add to yogurt: 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 cup fresh chopped dill. Blend in a blender on low speed.
Serve salad with dressing on the side. Top with sea salt or dulse and pepper.

This is a simple, hearty, healthy way to enjoy eggs. 


I'm sure I'll be sharing a lot more recipes for chicken and eggs in the years to come. 


In vibrant health,
Tammi


http://www.thenourishedlife.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi