Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wait!! There's MORE!!

This morning I slept in. All week I've been getting up at 5. Today it was 7:30.
Ack!
The birds!
Out I run, in jammies to check temperatures, feed, water, and oogle. They still are cute. Though I did lose another one. The little one I told you about yesterday? Well, she died last night. Then, so did the one sitting by her in the picture.
I don't think they are heartless creatures, and maybe, just maybe, losing her friend was too hard on her. so, they both died together. sigh....

Then, through the door comes Auriel. "Mom, I almost forgot, the post office called. The pheasant are here!"

Off I go - yup, jammies and all to the post office. Pheasant in car, back home, then doing my best to mimick my hubbies efforts in making a bird brooder. I think I did alright. Alright enough that we lost one today who drowned in the waterer. Yikes~ these birds are so small that they will drown in the bird waterer. ...

Jim added marbles and praised my brooder when he came home, so now we can sleep.



The chicks? Well, they have tons of feathers and tail feathers and are beginning to challenge each other to belly bumping contests. They chase each other over wood flakes, and come running when I put my hand in the brooder to offer mash.

So far...overall anyway... doing good...

In Vibrant Health,
Tammi
www.thenourishedlife.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi