Tuesday, June 26, 2012

2 Days Old...and holding my breath

Wow, it's a bit stressful actually. Having chickens. They are too cute, but now we've lost four to ... stress? Overhandling? The heat? Temperature fluctuation? I'm just not sure. It's very sad.

Today is a new day. The temperature when I went to bed at 11:00 was 92, perfect, finally.
This morning, the temperature was 80! Not so perfect!! Ack!
So, I moved the little heat lamps closer and now they are all sleeping and I'm crossing my fingers that I don't lose them.
Sleeping Chickies. They pretty much just pass out.
It 's kind of funny to watch!

As the temperature adjusts, they rush to eat.

Aren't they cute?

Finally, some stability around here lady!

This little boy is drinking water, they lift their heads back to
swallow it and you are looking at the underside of his face. 

Just like any corporate job, they huddle around the water cooler.

And back to naps...


I think we finally have some stability. Over all, I'm very excited. I'm grateful to have the space to free range them, and to have the opportunity to provide for my family. I think this will be a great experience and a way to provide healthy natural food for my family. 

The chicks that will be egg layers are pretty much in one brooder, while the little cockrels are in another. Mostly, anyway. 

An adventure it is! 
In Vibrant Health,
Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi