Monday, June 18, 2012

In the Wild Frontier

  Well, it's my garden, but with the burst of plants, weeds, bugs, and heat...I feel like I'm definitely in the wilderness.
Chocolate Mint
  I took a bit of a walk, this morning, with intentions to share with you this amazing place I call my garden. 
  I'm so blessed to have a husband who is intent on building paradise because I have a near commercial sized green house that grows the BEST tomatoes and HOTTEST jalapenos this side of the border! I have a lot of space to put whatever I like and this year's harvest will be even more diverse than last year's with God's Grace as the grasshoppers have officially taken residence. 
Yarrow Bursts Yellow - Like the Sun!

This does worry me a bit, but I realize these creatures are like the plague and if I'm meant to have food in my garden, we will be spared. Otherwise, they'll eat everything that is green in their path.

  However, soon, we'll have chickens - next week, actually. I'm excited and anxious for that new adventure. With chickens come eggs, meat, nutrients for our soil (ala chicken poop) and... ORGANIC GRASSHOPPER CONTROL. As I understand, the only true control there is.
Kale

  Even though I've lived in this beautiful country for over a decade, farming is pretty new to me. My husband is really the true gardener, with me always being the onlooker, participating when necessary. In the past few years, as I've shifted careers and become quite passionate about food, my hands are getting dirty more often than not. It's a learning curve and a lot of hard work. I LOVE IT!


The greatest reward comes in knowing where our food is coming from and that it has been grown with love and in the best conditions possible. We are learning, some years have been better than others, but it is ALWAYS worth it! 


In Vibrant Health and Happiness,
Tammi
www.thenourishedlife.net





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi