Thursday, September 15, 2011

Upgrade Madness

One of the greatest things about no longer dieting is that I can still enjoy all of my favorite foods. When I am being really careful about what I decide will go into my body, I upgrade in every instance.

You can apply this too! It's easy!

Take whatever you are seeking and upgrade! If you like to bake, use organic whole forms of foods, switch out whole organic sweeteners like honey, sucanat, turbinado, or molasses for refined white flour, use organic wheat flour or another cool grain flour in place of refined white flour. How about organic cage free eggs in place of regular mass cruelty produced eggs? So many changes will result in a full home made taste in your baked goods! Hmmm, just like Mom made!

Another way to upgrade is to check your labels for organic whole foods instead of chemicals. You can still have a pot pie, just choose Amy's. You can still eat frozen pizza, or better, go get a Whole Foods multi grain pizza dough and create your own pizza pie!

Want Ice Cream? Boulder has a local company that uses all natural amazing ingredients! No HFCS in that box!

To challenge yourself, take your favorite recipe and upgrade in as many spaces as you can think. Feel free to share your experience here!

Most importantly - HAVE FUN! Food should be nourishing both for your body and for your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi