Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Leaves

The leaves are just beginning to turn.
Autumn came so very quickly this year. It's the time of year when the sun still has a soothing warmth on your skin, but often the breeze brings a refreshing crispness to it that whispers of the coming winter.
Fall is many things in my heart. It is a time of remembrance of the previous year, sometimes of events and challenges, but mainly just looking back at the always flying summer.It also feels like a time when my body wants to take a deep breath and rest. I am drawn to take long walks and absorb as much connection with nature as I can, as if, soaking up the sun today will last tomorrow, next month, then the winter.
It is a time of celebration of my life with my amazing husband, this year, we reach the awesome land mark of ten years.
But most of all, it is a time I feel transition the strongest. In my reflection over this past 9 months, I have had so much transition in my life. First, leaving Tolin (my final corporate accounting job) after 11 (nearly 12) long years. Then, walking into an industry that is brand new to me, but one I am so deeply passionate about. I have spent the rest of the year building my life long dream of having a happy and fulfilling career as a health coach and owner of an integrative health center. It has been extremely challenging for me, as well as for my husband. What amazing changes and challenges; from learning how to balance work and life, to learning to create new functional processes within the center. I've challenged myself on practically every level of my existence and from this I have grown as an individual immensely. I have begun to create plans for the future of my center, and my health coaching business. It's empowering to think I can not only think outside the box, but act upon it, when ever I wish.
Part of my most recent experiments are with time balancing, include walking away from my computer and engaging in my own life - creating solid boundaries with work and life. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to work for myself for so many years. With this engagement comes amazing amounts of time with my family. Time I've never had before, but time I feel like every mother earns and should take. What a gift that comes from taking risks and trying new things!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi