Sunday, September 4, 2011

Is there a magic pill? NO!

Natural, healthy weight loss is slow and sustainable. 
In my every day I'm running across the extreme desire for that "magic pill". It brings up so much inside myself when I see others yearn for a thinner appearance that is based on quick fix concepts. It took awhile for you to get there, it's hard to hear, but it's going to take awhile to get out of it. The worst part is, if you aren't careful, you'll gain back double the pounds when you have completed your diet. I have heard tell that the number one cause of weight gain is DIETING! After the past few years, I have begun to understand it. Physically, emotionally, and realistically.... dieting doesn't work.

Now...that I have that off my chest.
I feel much better.

After an amazingly inspired past few weeks, I have removed 3 pounds of fat from my body. Focusing mainly on what I'm eating, but squeezing in movement every where I can. I've really spent more time down in my movement room this year than any other year, I've gone for walks, gone hiking, gone to the zoo, museum, etc for entertainment that takes a little movement. I'm always focusing on creating space to become healthier.

The biggest change I've made in the last few months is returning to cooking in bulk. I am using my Sundays to make big pots of soups, casseroles, vegetable lasagnes, sautes that are simple to reheat. I am finding these are making a huge difference in what, not only I chose, but what my husband chooses to eat during our crazed and busy weeks.

Components I will precook or prepare include:


  • Washing, dicing, chopping fresh from the garden raw veggies
  • Precook a batch of grains, usually brown rice, but also quinoa, millet, or kasha
  • Saute greens in olive oil and garlic
  • roast a batch of veggies on the grill or in the oven, sweet potatoes, peppers, onions
During the week, I'll take components of these and make stir fries, wraps, soups, sandwiches, in a flash! It is saving a huge amount of time, and when we come home completely exhausted, there's always something quick to grab that is healthy, home made with love, and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi