Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Reunion with Honoring Self

Life has been really interesting lately.
Most recently, Jim and I have decided that maybe it makes sense for me to not go in on days I don't have to. For one, we'll save gas, for two, I'm just as productive here as there. For three....well, I can stay home if I want to. (foot stomp, hands on hip)
Lastly, it's a part of a lot of thinking around a cloud I've been carrying for about a month. I've felt exhausted, emotional, frustrated, and afraid. No matter how much I brushed it away, it just kept coming back. My work/life balance had slipped away, quietly at night when I wasn't looking. I was working nearly 24/7. Up at 3 or 4 in the morning, to sneak down and work until it was time to wake Dom; and getting up after getting him to bed at night and coming down and working some more. Like my days weren't long enough.
I haven't been eating as good as I normally do, I haven't been sleeping well, and I haven't been moving nearly enough. As you might know, stay still for a couple of days at this age, stuck at a desk, and you quickly feel rusty.
Jim suggested I stay home on the days I really didn't need to go in, with suggestions around time management (yes, even this time management queen started to slip), scheduling out the next six months, business planning, vision work, goal setting, etc. Yes, it's a good idea. Then to myself I added; and begin to take my health back, creating balance in my favorite ways. Nourishing ME and not just my business.
So, with full intentions of having a very productive day, I dropped my son off at the start of school. It is his second day of Kindergarten, so we had a great drop off. He's at a really challenging stage where he constantly tests boundaries. With everyone. Anyway....that's a story for another day.
His school is located in a new suburban area northeast of Commerce City. I love this new area, love the lay out and how it seemingly embraces the prairie. It's homes are natural tones and it has it's own walking trails and beautiful landscaping that include plants native to our area. LOVE IT.
I decided after dropping him off that I'd explore the local walking paths. I left my car outside of the recreation center and headed out to what was the most beautiful walk I've taken in a long, long time. It was peaceful, since I was alone, and I was able to walk my pace and take in the animals and beautiful trees, grasses and plants. I  noticed that although the ponds are man made, I enjoyed the little black ducks with cream colored beaks that quacked when I came  near. I loved the 7 foot cat tails and striped grasses that skirt the ponds. This is what I've been looking for!
I walked a mile and decided I would do this again on Friday - my next work from home day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi