Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reading Review - The Food Revolution

I am so lucky to have time to read.
This is one of those spaces in my "Primary Foods" that went neglected for years.
Part of my new approach to serving you is to offer my take on books I've read. This, I hope will save you time in reading books that are a waste of time.

Today's book is The Food Revolution by John Robbins.

Published a bit over ten years ago, many of the changes Mr. Robbins calls for are well underway. I believe that perhaps the friendly yet highly informative approach he takes to educating the masses must've played a role in inspiring this change.

I have found this book to be a great resource for me, as a health coach, but also that it is a friendly easy to understand read.
It's filled with excitement - enough excitement to keep a mom up at night tossing through daily decisions and deciding where she can improve and implement healthier choices. (yeppo - that's me)

I do find that it's not for the faint of heart though, there is so much information in this book, I'm feeling a little paranoid about germs, bacteria in my food and water sources, and now on my animals.

I do highly recommend this book to anyone who is curious about what all the hype around our food choices are. It's inspired me to cinch in my choices a bit, to stand by what I know to be true, and to be resilient in my efforts to educate others.

I do hope you find it informational and supportive in making your own food choices.

In vibrant health,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, AADP, MH
The Nourished Life



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi