Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let the Sunshine In

I've just come in from enjoying the first super warm sunny day with my son. I'm not sure what the temperature is, but once I realized it was warm out... I donned my socks, rolled up my sweat pants and shirt sleeves and pulled a lawn chair up on my patio out of the breeze.
I soaked in the sun for the entire morning, while my son quickly found the dirt...and yucky pond water and gleefully played. (all the while I'm warning him over and over to remember to not touch his face.)

Both Tigger and Dom find a cozy spot on my lap,
soaking up rays, we all were smiling!
Sitting in the sun, thinking about how much it can change how I feel with an effect that lasts for days, I thought I'd share with you one of the most basic ways to be fit and well.

Yep, you guessed it - GET IN THE SUN! 

See, while Vitamin D supplements fill the stores to address the national issue of serious Vitamin D deficiency, there is only one sun. This is the very best source of Vitamin D for our bodies and TRULY the one our body know what to do with best. It's whole food in zero calorie format and it's free! 

Every one needs a different amount, I try to get at least 30 minutes a day through the summer. In the winter, if I'm finding I'm not getting out regularly enough, I might add in a liquid D3 supplement to my diet.

So, enjoy these early warm sunny days with a dose of Vitamin D and see how you feel after ward! It's awfully hard to be grouchy and sad when you've let the SUN SHINE IN! 

Read more about this topic:
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, AADP, MH
Founder - The Nourished Life

2 comments:

  1. I just love your attitude, Tammy!
    Great advice...taking a walk in the sunshine uplifts us mentally and physically. :)
    Love the photo also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivian - what you do is amazing work! Thank you for what you are doing! I'd love to connect!

      Delete

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi