Saturday, March 24, 2012

A New Beginning - transition of a woman's body

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the beginning of perimenopause, but it's here.

I have decided to do  my best to take the next ten years with as much positive perspective as I can. I heard many terrible things about the transitions a woman's body goes through and that I should truly be assessed and diagnosed as if it's a disease.
Instead of "freaking out" (as my son is so fond of saying these days) I've decided to take a natural approach with this, as I do most things in my life.
After all, this is a natural transition and in it's way is a symbol in my life of the potential of a new beginning.
I'm excited and a little fearful of the stories I've heard. Yet, I feel this is going to be a great time of taking a journey within, and emerging anew. Just like I've taken to my grey hair, I'm going to take to this, just fine.

Out side of terrible negative things, I don't know a lot about this transition - It's sort of a mystery to  me, so I am inspired to begin another step in my learning process as a health educator, and from the approach of holistic nutrition.

If it's a mystery to you, as it is to me, I want to share that nothing terrible has happened to date. Maybe this blog and sharing of parts of this transition can help take some of the fear out of it for you, my dear reader.

My experiences started just a few months back with sleeplessness that is not necessarily related to stress, or too much coffee. In the last few weeks, I've started waking up feeling extremely warm. A dry skin warm. I'm not warm in my core, but my skin just feels like I'm standing next to a stove. While I haven't had associated sweating (as I've heard so much about) the warmth is really uncomfortable and there isn't much I can do to cool myself off. I usually get up out of bed, so I can let my husband sleep, and I'll go read. I'm a little weepy, but I can't really decide if it's lack of sleep or my hormones.

But, I'm okay. As you can see, I'm here and doing just fine.

I'm thinking, this very early morning, how I can use this pivotal space in my life to grow new wings. To expand my horizons, to be challenged to be a greater version of myself.

In Vibrant Health & Happiness,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, AADP, MH
The Nourished Life
New Beginnings Health & Wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi