Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Visions

How did it get to be March already? I dunno. It seems I used to do this while sitting at my desk in my old corporate life. I watched time go by and I felt like I missed so incredibly much.
Now, I'm certainly engaged in it, but how do we all those things we want to do? There is so much to be done in my life! I wanted to be home so I could enjoy more spaces in my life, have a work from home career that I love, and get some around the house stuff done. From time to time I stop and remember to breath. Gaining balance outside of boundaries has been a challenge, but I'm beginning to find it. The first place I had to look? The clarity of my vision for what I wanted.

A few years ago, I sat in a cubicle wishing my days away and cursing the space I was in. Fat, sick, and resentful, I wanted out ... badly.

And then, I became inspired. I was inspired by a vision to change and a realization that I could make change. That realization that I wasn't truly trapped and that I had total control changed my whole life.
After some deep introspection, I enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and began to create a vision for where I wanted to go. For me, this was to be to a career of helping others to find their way to healing and happiness.

I have come a long way in a very short time. But it wasn't by chance, or luck, or happenstance that I am where I am today. It was through planning, dreaming, and creating a very, very clear vision.

I created a vision board. Finding magazine photos and phrases that resonated with my life intentions, I cut and glue words, phrases, colors, and images to this board that  proudly sat in my home office. Everything I wanted to create, is now what I'm living.

I am now creating a new vision board, next week when my daughter comes to visit. We'll each create one while she is here.

I need to create a clear vision for what I want in my life next.

Have you done this? I'd love to hear about your journey, your tools, your successes.

In Vibrant Health & Happiness,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, AADP, MH
Director, New Beginnings Health & Wellness
Founder, The Nourished Life




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi