Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Zucchini Everywhere!

It took awhile to learn it, but anyone who grows zucchini knows they are very, very prolific. And...unless you absolutely want to eat zucchini for every meal, every day, you should probably only plant 1 or 2 plants.

Even adding them to my smoothies, they manage to get in front of me, so... here's a fun way to use up your zucchini!


Zucchini Chips
1 medium zucchini (garden fresh or farmer’s market, these are always bigger)
Or 6 small zucchini
2 Tbsp Olive oil

Sea Salt
1 clove Garlic, minced
Dried Oregano, basil, thyme





Slice zucchini into 1/8” to 1/4 “ coins. In a bowl, toss zucchini coins with seasonings and oil. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet, I like stoneware, so this is a nice option for making chips. Line with parchment to prevent from sticking.


Bake at 175°F for 2 ½ hours. 








These are a great alternative to traditional potato chips, and are fun for the kids. 

In vibrant health and happiness,
Tammi Hoerner

If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop in to my website and sign up for my Free One Month of Meal Plans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi