Are your kids heading back to school? Maybe they are a week in and have already come home coughing, sneezing, or with something like pink eye.
Back to school means major germ bombardment, unwashed hands, and uncovered coughs...and....well, we wont talk about what else kids might do or germs they may encounter. (yuck)
As busy Moms, the best we can do is arm them properly with the best defense mechanisms we can.
I'm not talking about spraying them down with Lysol every two minutes either, though you may be tempted.
I'm also not talking about throwing your whole child in the washing machine, though it might feel appropriate.
I'm certainly not talking about pulling out your husband's high pressure washer to spray them off in the driveway before they enter your just cleaned house.
Nope, I'm talking about taking AMAZING measures that take only a few minutes, help your kids to have stronger immunity, better focus, and ... wait for it....wait....wait....
Check this out...
HAPPIER HEALTHIER BODIES = HAPPIER HEALTHIER ATTITUDES
How's your attitude when you feel like crap? Yup. Mine too. (Insert wink, now your getting it)
Okay Mom: So here's your FREE TOOL BOX
1. Keep 'em hydrated. You might be focusing on keeping your water intake at those recommended 8 - 8oz. glasses, but what about your tyke? Sending a water bottle to school with them makes this easier! A properly hydrated body excretes toxins easier!
2. Start Right. Everyone knows already that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I'm not talking about fueling with junk - ever see what happens when you put sugar in a gas tank? What do you think happens to your body!? Why would you do that to your kids? A perfect start includes: Whole Grain Oats, Fresh Whole Fruit, and....a vegetable! (Yup, I just wrote that) I like offering Oatmeal, rice, or quinoa with fresh fruit and flax seed partnered with a smoothie that includes leafy greens and probiotics)
3. Send them armed. Pack easy to eat vegetables like carrots, celery, sliced peppers and jicama. Fruits like bananas and oranges. Vegetables are packed with Immunity Boosting nutrients like Vitamin C and nutrients that support mental and emotional health like B Vitamins.
4. Make 'em Move It. My son always rolls his eyes when I kick him off the couch and away from the television but he always ends up enjoying himself. How about kicking a soccer ball around? Practicing batting? Skateboarding? Rollerblading? Exercise boosts the immunity and improves circulation.
5. Keep Green. Greens, Glorious Greens. Yes, if you can at every meal! The benefits are more than I can count, from Immunity Strengthening to Blood Cleansing - how? Worst case - a smoothie, but you can put them in soups, stews, pasta salads. Think outside the box as much possible.
6. Try Natural. If the case does come up where your chilun' comes home sick there are a wide variety of natural remedies and healing methods you can use that have been used my Moms everywhere for millenia. If you aren't confident in this space, contact a Naturopathic Doctor or Pediatrician and they will support you. I love things like Chamomile Tea, Neti Pots, Hot Lemon Water, Homemade Chicken Broth, and the fact that allowing them to rest can help them to heal by a milestone.
Feel overwhelmed? Pick one of these tools to use this month, add another next. My entire practice is around supporting Moms in applying tools like this in their lives and helping them to supply them for their families. For a free sneak peek of how I work - contact me for your FREE one hour break through session!
In vibrant health and happiness,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, MH
For more tips on feeding your kids healthfully, make sure you follow me!