Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The First Snow

I have never been a fan of the cold weather. However, today, I am developing a very different view point.

For once I am grateful that I look out to a blanket of beautiful white sparkling snow. It's pristine, soft, and calm. When the sun comes up, I'll snap a photo and share it later...




I have a different perspective today because I am not obligated to drive in it. For the first time in twenty years, I can say without guilt, fear, or shame that I AM STAYING HOME AND I'M KEEPING MY SON WITH ME!

With the cooler weather, I'm noting a shift in my approach to food and movement. I want to slow down, physically, and I'm attracted to warmer foods rather than cooler foods. I am not positive, but I don't feel many smoothies will be for breakfast in the months ahead, and I certainly don't feel like a cold stalk of celery.

Instead, I'll be turning to homemade vegetable soups, breads, roasts, and grains.

Movement, for me, will be moved inside. The cold weather makes my hands hurt and I have a tendency to feel extra tense.

I'm actually looking forward to the change in the season this year, and am ready for all that it brings with it. Snow included.

p.s. I shared earlier this year that I had some pounds to lose. I hope this next is motivating for you: I've lost 7 pounds and am only 5 pounds from my final goal weight! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi