Sunday, May 27, 2012

Love homemade granola?


I did not grow up eating granola. It's a treat I discovered in my mid-20's, near the same time I discovered my amazing husband. 
I love adding granola to the top of my yogurt or ice cream. It's healthy, tasty, and packed with nutrients. This is just one recipe I'm fond of, but there are many ways to put it together. If you make a large batch, you'll have enough for breakfasts and a quick snack! It's wonderful for the kiddos and a great way to add whole grains and satisfying nuts and seeds to their diet. If you like it, let me know! 

Cinnamon Granola
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup raw honey
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
3 Cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup raisins
Start by using some coconut oil to lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt then stir well. Combine oatmeal, coconut and walnuts and drizzle coconut oil mixture then mix until all dry ingredients are coated. Spread evenly as possible onto pan and bake at 275° for 30- 45 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and cool. Add raisins and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. 

This beautiful breakfast is: coconut yogurt, granola, kiwi, strawberries, and bananas and was made for my son!

In vibrant health and happiness,
Tammi Hoerner, CHHC, AADP, MH
Founder & Director;


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi