Thursday, December 15, 2011

Healthy Kiddos Day 4

Healthy Kiddos Day 4 Meal Plan

Fresh Cran-Orange Juice
Breakfast: Healthy Scrambles 
Morning Snack: Apple
Lunch: Sweet Pot Fries & Greens
Afternoon Snack: Ants on a Log
Dinner: Jambalaya Soup

Today is a Gluten Free and Dairy Free day. Dom is starting to bear the signs of the dairy and gluten, so we are back off it again. It's human to test your boundaries, I do it too.

We started off by pulling out my Jack La Lane Juicer and making a fresh cup of juice. Tip with your own juicer is to wash it immediately. If you do not have the time to do this, fill your sink with warm soapy water and take apart juicer, discard fiber, and put all pieces in water to soak until you do have time.

Cran-Orange Juice:
3 Oranges
1 Cup Cranberries

Breakfast:
This morning we had leftover honey smoked salmon from my husband's birthday dinner. I decided this would be an amazing egg dish so this is the first time I've made this. It turned out amazing!

1/4 Cup Smoked Salmon
6 Eggs
1/4 Cup Almond or Coconut Milk
1 Cup Arugula and Spinach Baby Greens
Optional: Grated Gouda (Jim and I put this on ours, but not on Dom's)
2 - 3 shakes Pepper
Canola Oil -drizzle

In a bowl, scramble eggs together with pepper, salmon, milk, and greens. Heat skilled over low to medium heat. Pour egg mix into skillet. Stir frequently until eggs are cooked completely. Top with Gouda if you wish and season as desired.
Serve with water.

Morning Snack:
Presentation is everything. Dominik loves his apple cut into sections. I use an apple corer that does this for me. You might serve with nut butter, today, it's just apple for Dominik.
Serve with Milk.

Lunch:
I love sweet potatoes prepared in a savory fashion.

1 Large Sweet Potato, cut into 1/4" rounds then in half for even cooking ease.
1 Cup Spinach, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Sea Salt
1 - 2 T. Organic Coconut Oil

Heat skillet, melting oil completely. Add potatoes and allow to cook for 5 - 8 minutes, turn and stir, then add greens and garlic. Allow to cook for 8 - 10 more minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
Serve with milk.

Afternoon Snack:
I remember my mom making these fun snacks for us as kids.

Celery Hearts, ends removed
Nut Butter (We used Sunbutter today)
Raisins

Fill celery groove with nut butter, top with raisins and serve.
Serve with Water

Dinner:
This is a recipe inspired by one I found in O magazine that I LOVE

4 Cups cooked Brown Rice
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Cup Mushrooms
1 Celery Stalk, ends trimmed, diced
Andouille sausage, Cut into coins
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Red Onion, diced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 cup fresh parsley
Cajun Seasoning - I used an herb mix
4 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth

In a deep pot heat oil, add peppers and onion, saute until soft. Add garlic, mushrooms, parsley and sausage. Add rice, and mix well. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes)
SUPER YUMMY!
Serve with milk, has some spice.

Jambalaya Soup

I am finding that every time I start to cook, Dominik wants to join. His passion for food preparation is growing and growing. I love it and it helps him to gain ownership of the food prepared. He eats well when he plays a role in the preparation of the food.
Dom love getting involved in the kitchen!

Simple activities for you to get the most out of your time with your child. 


PLAY TODAY:
Today we went exploring in our yard, the weather here has been fair and in the 40's. I took our dogs out and they joined us on a romp. Recently I witnessed a fox out front, so we went wandering to see if we could find his den. We saw lots of birds, picked up twigs, and talked about how nice the sun feels on our face. 
We finished by trying to enroll our dogs in a game of tag. My poor dog had no clue what was going on, from chasing her to running from her. It was quite humorous! 


CREATE TODAY:
I've decided to show Dominik how to string popcorn. It's one of my favorite snacks and his as well, so he was quite surprised when I wasn't eating it, but rather using it for decor!


I have really enjoyed the last week with Dominik so far. It's been a great time for us to spend together, bond, share, and just time for me to love him. How could I ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi