Saturday, January 28, 2012

Veggie Taco Chili

Every time the temperature drops below 30, I get pulled toward warm foods.
I find I have a tendency to drink more coffee, teas, hot cocoas, and chai on cold days.
I also seem to have an aversion to cold foods, from fruit to vegetables and salads.
Since everything in this meal is from a can, please upgrade to organic, read your labels, and choose the best you have available.
It takes minutes to prepare and is satisfying. While this was cooking, I also prepared a rice for tomorrow's meal!
Today's meal is a vegetarian chili seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning mix and topped with corn chips.

Veggie Taco Chili

1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 large can Muir Glen Roasted Tomatoes (Diced)
1 can mild green chilis
1 tsp canned or fresh jalapenos
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Pepper
1 clove fresh minced garlic
2 stalks fresh parsley ( I had frozen from our garden last year)

In a large pot add all ingredients and cook until heated through thoroughly about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently
Easily Serves 4, served with Mary's Gone flax crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi