Thursday, August 11, 2011

Egg in a Butterfly Shaped Hole

I looked for a heart shaped cookie cutter, but I plain don't have one. I have a butterfly though.

This year, the butterfly has taken on a significant meaning in my life. Transformation, change, from the same old drudgery to a beautiful colorful new life. This transformation has taken shape through my career and health, which has improved my relationships, my outlook, and me! In my new center, I've really taken to the butterfly as the symbol for this transformation, it is my logo.

Now, I see butterflies everywhere. Do you ever have that happen? I truly feel like it's how I know I'm where I am supposed to be.

I knew today would be a perfect day because the only shape I could find was a butterfly. ... well, okay...whatever must be. It's sure funny how these critters have a way of showing up in my days....

Egg in a Butterfly Hole

Ingredients:
Whole grain bread, one slice per person
Eggs, one per person
Butter
Swiss Chard
Butterfly cookie cutter (or heart, or circle), use to cut shape in center of bread.

Directions:
On a griddle, melt about 1/4 tsp of organic butter.
Lay toast in melted butter, pour one egg into the center of each piece of bread.
Allow to cook for at least 5 minutes over medium heat. When you can see the egg is cooked on the one side and 1/2 way through, it's safe to flip. (slowly)

Allow to cook on this side for a few minutes until egg is cooked to desired doneness. My son loves dippy eggs so I try to not over cook the yolk. Add pepper, top with greens before removing from heat allow to lightly wilt. (or place fresh greens on top of egg after removed from heat, serving them raw.)
Serve warm.

Don't they just make you happy?
This healthful breakfast filled with protein, multi-grain toast, and beautiful swiss chard was preceded by 1/4 mile on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi