Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eat in Season, right now - yellow squash and tomatoes!

Getting ideas for veggies at breakfast time can be challenging. Especially if you dislike scrambled eggs and omelets, which is my own problem. However, I usually don't have a shortage of creativity in my kitchen.
This morning, I created a saute using yellow squash, tomatoes, a "dippy" egg (over easy), and served it on whole grain toast.

Directions:
Chop 1 small yellow squash into 1/2 inch or bite size pieces
Chop 2 grape tomatoes into bite size pieces
Saute in 1/2 tsp olive oil and minced garlic for about five to seven minutes until slightly soft and warmed through.

Cook egg as desired. My son likes over easy, as do I, so this is what I made.

Toast sprouted grain or whole grain toast.
Top with egg.
Top with saute.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.

I brought the saute to work with me at my center this morning and reheated it in our toaster oven at 325 for ten minutes. Served with fresh avocado on a whole grain tortilla.

Confession: I ate two of these wraps.
YUM!

I love eating well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is valuable to me, please keep it family friendly as my blog is directed toward families. Blessings for a healthy and happy life! ~ Tammi